- 2014 Program Updates
- Becquerel Project Log
- Bell Project Log
- Bernoulli Project Log
- Conn Research Log
- Da Vinci Project Log
- Darwin Project Log
- Durrance Research Log
- Edison Project Log
- Hippocrates Project Log
- Jacquard Project Log
- Jansky Project Log
- Jungst Research Log
- Lowe Research Log
- Lyell Project Log
- Photo Updates
- Program Updates
- Reber Project Log
- Washburn Research Log
Monthly Archives: March 2013
Today was the last day of research before heading home. Teachers and scientists helped each group set goals for the rest of the projects. Students, teachers, and scientists are excited about their research and look forward to continuing the projects … Continue reading
After four days here at CVI working on our project, the session is ending and we are all about to leave until April 24.
On the second day of YSDE Josh was talking to us about what we were going to do through the day, and in this talk a Space Turtle came up. Now obviously that is a little far fetched, but lets … Continue reading
Day four: We continued our internet research today, and gathered more information on the cost and practicability of solar in West Virginia. After we completed our computer research, we migrated outside and worked with our solar panels again. There … Continue reading
Day 5. Today, the weather is cloudy 87% coverage, humidity of 66%, and UV of 3. All three of these factors influence how much power in watts we will receive in the solar panels. We will test how the cloud affects the wattage … Continue reading
For our research, today, we had to leave the safety of our lab and venture to the great outdoors! We went to the Black Water Sledding Park to test the effects of friction on velocity. To get down the hill, … Continue reading
Even though it was still cold outside, the sun decided to come out and give the research groups an opportunity to collect data and work on the projects outside. One of the groups was able to go sleigh riding which gave them opportunity to … Continue reading
One might think that it sounds really complicated to program an arduino board to send someone an email alert….and they’d be right! After completing a successful alarm system yesterday, today our job was to program in the emailing feature!
On the 23 of March, we split up into teams according to area of expertise, the sling shot, debris hut, and ultimately fire making.
Yesterday was about exploring our arduino’s possibilties; today was about putting them to work! After collaborating with eachother to design our S.H.I.E.L.D. alarm circuit, we began to actually build it.