Participants should plan to arrive between 12:30 and 1:15 pm this Saturday at Canaan Valley Institute for this weekend’s concluding YSDE session. The address is 494 Riverstone Road, Davis, WV. Directions are at http://www.canaanvi.org/CVI/directions.html, and Google Maps can point you there too. I don’t recommend trusting your GPS–they have been known to send people astray.
- Each group will give a live presentation Monday morning and also create a poster that presents your methods, results, and directions for future work.
- Shoot for about a 15 minute presentation including a little time for questions.
- Each group member should contribute to the presentation.
- Slides should support your verbal presentation, not duplicate it (keep slides simple and clear, don’t read from them).
- Poster should elaborate more (stand alone without much explanation).
- Make sure I get you poster in pdf format before you depart–these will be posted on the YSDE website.
- Laptop (The computer lab workstations have been removed, so each group will need at least one computer.)
- Flash drive if possible
- business-casual outfit for Monday’s presentations
- shorts and tennis shoes for biking in case of good weather
- You do not need to bring any bedclothes–lodging will be in hotel rooms this time around, so linens and towels will be available.